The Civic Theatre partnered with one of the country’s best live music promoters, The Bowery Presents, to bring an extraordinary music lineup to New Orleans. Bond was hired to launch the venue and promote its fall lineup among music fans, driving ticket sales over a six-month period.
With the re-launch of the historic Civic Theatre in January 2013 after a nine-month renovation, New Orleans’ oldest theatre made its official debut with the announcement of an all-star lineup. The Civic partnered with The Bowery Presents out of New York to bring a broad range of musical artists and comedy. The Bowery Presents hired Bond to spearhead public relations efforts to promote the lineup among music fans and to drive sales.
Our objectives included the following:
- To secure local and national media coverage surrounding the lineup
- To secure strategic partnerships with surrounding businesses
- To increase ticket sales
Our PR campaign consists of the following:
- Media relations
- Strategic partnership development
- On-site event management
Leading up to the first concert on September 19th, 2013, we executed an aggressive media campaign throughout New Orleans and the region to promote the Civic Theatre’s partnership with The Bowery Presents and the fall and winter lineup. During this time, we developed relationships with strategic partners that could drive ticket sales. Our approach generated overall awareness for not only each concert, but the venue itself, and its transformation after its nine-month renovation. Securing previews for concerts and comedy performances helped to increase awareness and drive fans to purchase tickets. Concerts were well attended by local and regional media, which provided a first-hand experience to fans and musicians, helping to set the Civic Theatre apart from other music venues in New Orleans.
Results & Impact
Our media relations campaign proved successful, solidifying the Civic Theatre as a top venue in New Orleans. Our campaign succeeded in increasing general awareness about the venue, The Bowery Presents, the full lineup, and individual concerts, which ultimately drove ticket sales. Our results proved successful:
- Successfully assisted with The Bowery Present’s entry into the New Orleans market
- Secured a large amount of local and national media coverage surrounding the Civic Theatre’s fall lineup launch and specific shows
- Secured multiple media outlets on-site during each concert
- Assisted in establishing The Bowery Presents presence in New Orleans, positioning the company for an ongoing partnership with the Civic Theatre