PJ’s Coffee of New Orleans has a large franchise base, and for the last 20 years has held its PJ’s Franchise Conference—a platform to educate, inform, and create excitement among its franchise community in order to grow the business. Bond was tasked with producing the 2013 PJ’s Franchise Conference held on August 20-21, 2013 – the firm’s second time developing the company’s conference.
PJ’s Coffee of New Orleans is a New Orleans-based coffeehouse and retailer with over 66 locations across Louisiana, Mississippi and Arkansas. The company has a large franchise base and for the last 20 years has held its PJ’s Franchise Conference – a platform to educate, inform, and create excitement among its franchise community in order to grow the business. Bond was tasked with producing the 2013 PJ’s Franchise Conference held on August 20-21, 2013 – the firm’s second time developing the company’s conference.
Our specific objectives included:
- Boost the education portion of the conference compared to previous years, putting an emphasis on valuable information presented to franchisees and their staff so they can grow their business
- Develop a conference that creates a balance between business and social elements, so franchisees feel educated and informed, yet a stronger relationship with corporate executives and additional PJ’s franchisees
- Build upon franchise relations program to further increase involvement and participation among the PJ’s franchisees, management and staff
In order to develop a concept and structure for the 2013 Conference, Bond evaluated results received from a post-event
Once we determined goals, theme, essence, and concept, we began planning the event. Planning included development of conference agenda, budget, content for educational seminars, set design/décor/production, social elements, site visits, and hotel coordination and management. We also assisted PJ’s internal marketing team with collateral development and sponsorship coordination.
Bond managed every aspect of the two day event at the
Results & Impact
Our results are based on verbal feedback and post-event surveys gathered from PJ’s franchisees, store managers and the PJ’s corporate team.
- All surveyed franchisees “strongly agreed” or “somewhat agreed” that the conference sessions and content were educational and informative.
- Majority of surveyed franchisees “strongly agreed” or “somewhat agreed” that they can utilize the information presented in the sessions to help grow their business.
- Majority of surveyed franchisees rated their overall experience as “much better” as compared to the 2012 Franchise Conference.
- Majority of surveyed franchisees felt the 2013 Franchise Conference was overall valuable and plan to attend the conference again next year.
- All surveyed franchisees felt members and executives from PJ’s corporate were accessible and approachable throughout the conference.
- Both franchisees and corporate members enjoyed the social events incorporated into the conference and felt they were well planned and executed.