In a significant development for the retail clothing market in Greater Baton Rouge, Cohn Turner, a destination for customers of high-end clothing for 53 years, rebranded as Perlis Clothing. Acquired by the Perlis family in November 2012, Cohn Turner has been a Baton Rouge staple for fine clothing for over 50 years. Perlis, a specialty apparel retailer in South Louisiana with almost 75 years in business, is expanding its geographic reach while painstakingly guarding its traditions of excellent service and long-term relationships with customers.
New Orleans’ Perlis Clothing, best known for its signature crawfish polo, acquired Baton Rouge fine clothing stalwart Cohn Turner in November 2012. After six months operating Cohn Turner, the store was rebranded as the first Perlis location in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in May 2013. Bond was hired to spearhead public relations efforts to increase awareness among the existing Cohn Turner
Our current objectives include the following:
- To assure the former Cohn Turner customer base Perlis would deliver the same outstanding customer service, but with an expanded
- To secure local and regional
coveragesurrounding the rebrand
- To secure strategic partnerships with Baton Rouge business and social groups
- To sell merchandise to existing and new Perlis customers in Greater Baton Rouge
Our public relations campaign consists of the following:
- Media relations
- Customer relations
- Strategic partnership development
- On-site event management
In November 2012, Bond announced Cohn Turner, a Baton Rouge destination for customers of high-end clothing for 53 years, had been acquired by New Orleans-based Perlis Clothing through an aggressive local and regional media push. During this time, via personal correspondence, we began reassuring the current customer base that they would still receive the same intimate customer service that they would have seen at Cohn Turner and also see the same employees in the store, but alongside an inventory expansion and diversification.
Since Perlis was then operating the Cohn Turner store, Bond also deployed both customer and general
After targeted strategic partner (i.e. BRAC, TAF) and customer events to alert VIP customers and Baton Rouge leaders Cohn Turner would officially rebrand to Perlis Clothing, Bond announced a full rebrand in May 2013. In order to introduce Perlis to the Baton Rouge market, Bond worked with local vendors and Perlis staff to host a well-attended Grand Opening event on June 1, 2013.
The Bond team played a vital role in our rebrand from Cohn Turner to Perlis Clothing. Their customer relations, strategic partnerships, event management and media relations efforts greatly helped to introduce Perlis to the Greater Baton Rouge market.
Bobby Berthelot, General Manager, Baton Rouge
Results & Impact
Our robust media relations and customer assurance campaign proved successful in making a smooth, profitable transition into the Baton Rouge market. Our campaign succeeded in increasing general awareness surrounding the store, maintaining an existing customer base and also introducing new customers to Perlis Clothing. Our results proved successful:
- Successfully assisted with Perlis' entry into the Baton Rouge market
- Secured local and regional media hits surrounding the initial acquisition and then rebrand
- Managed successful VIP customer and Grand Opening events
- Assisted in establishing Perlis' presence in Baton Rouge, allowing the company to establish itself as a Capitol Region clothing favorite.