Rain or Shine New Orleans Knows How to Have a Good Time
August 18, 2017
Summer is almost over, but it's still HOT in New Orleans. We've got the city's hot spots to keep you cool until fall.
- New Orleans museums offer free admission to every museum to all members during the month of August. Likewise, during the month of August, if the temperature forecast is at or above 95 degrees, three of New Orleans’ top art museums open their doors free of charge to Louisiana residents, courtesy of The Helis Foundation.
- New Orleans gives this all-American sport a makeover at alleys like Rock ‘N’ Bowl with live music and Fulton Alley where food is part of the fun.
- New Orleans isn’t letting the microbrewery trend slip away. New Orleans is home to 8 breweries, which all bring a flare of their own—and usually a food truck.
- August is the perfect month to go to that restaurant you always want to try. During Coolinary, over 80 New Orleans restaurants take part in the culinary tradition, featuring specially priced prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus.
- Beat the heat with some of New Orleans’ best cool treats like the Blueberry Basil Gimlet daquiri at St. Lawrence, the all-natural ginger snowball at Hansen’s or petit four ice cream at The Creole Creamery.
Indoor Rock Climbing
- Take this not-so-New Orleans outdoor activity indoors at New Orleans Boulder Lounge or Slidell Rocks.
- Rain day? Spend time inside at the Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium or Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. Suns out? Sunscreen up and head over to the Audubon Cool Zoo.
Wherever your summer fun takes you, remember to wear proper sun protection, stay hydrated and avoid driving on flooded streets.
Fallon Chiasson is an intern at Bond Moroch.