Hogs for the Cause Kicks Off Friday!
March 22, 2018
Get the scoop on New Orleans’ hottest BBQ festival
We’re squealing with excitement over the kickoff of Hogs for the Cause this weekend, and with sun and blue skies in the forecast, the city is sure to go hog wild! Celebrating its 10th anniversary, this BBQ and music festival features over 85 teams from across the region cooking up pork dishes that will have festival-goers in hog heaven.
But it’s not just about the BBQ, booze and bands. The event helps raise money for families with children with pediatric brain cancer. The organization has distributed over 600 grants to families to help alleviate the economic burdens associated with having a child with cancer. Additionally, Hogs has given $1 million to children’s hospitals across the country, from Children’s Hospital in New Orleans (scope out the Hogs House) to MUSC in South Carolina.
- What: 85+ teams cooking up BBQ; 21 bands over 3 stages.
- When: Friday, March 23 & Saturday, March 24
- Where: Grounds behind UNO Lakefront Arena (6801 Franklin Avenue)
- Gates: Open at 3:30 p.m. on Friday and 11:00 a.m. on Saturday
- Ticket Price: Starts at $25 (in advance); VIP tickets available. Click here to purchase
Hogs for the Cause is sure to be a fantastic, fun, and food-filled weekend, and most importantly a weekend full of fundraising for an extremely important cause.
Photo: Grand Champions Blue Oak BBQ at Hogs 2017