Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Business
April 12, 2018
Challenge your team to Revisit, Refresh and Rejuvenate this season for a productive Q2
Easter is over and white jeans are now socially acceptable to wear again. Jasmine is in full bloom, pollen dusts our cars, and our fingers are sore from peeling crawfish. It’s also festival season, which means it’s officially springtime. While most people look to spring clean their homes, I’m looking into the mirror to do some self-cleaning at the office. It’s difficult to pause in between seasons because we’re already diving head first into our next campaign or event. Wherever you are, I’m sure you can commiserate. However, if we don’t stop to evaluate our tactics, face challenges head on, or think outside the box, we’ll lead stale and stagnant results.
Here are three easy steps to get your business a spring cleaning boost.
Revisit Quarterly Goals
- Goalsetting is critical for businesses. We’ve all heard that you’re more likely to achieve a goal if you write it down, but are your goals SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound)?
- When revisiting Q1 goals, be sure to evaluate your successes and challenges. How do you measure success? What prevented you from achieving a goal? Did you communicate your successes and failures to your team or client? What worked or what didn’t work? It’s important to ask these questions so you can tweak your goals moving forward, keep doing something that seems to be working, and pivot when something is not successful.
Refresh & Reset
- Are you getting tired of writing or reading the same story about your business over and over again? If so, consider adding fresh content into the mix such as recent awards, new hires, revamped happy hour menu, new partnerships, or updated case studies/testimonials. When was the last time you scheduled a photo shoot or updated the images on your website?
- Clean out your inbox – save only those emails you really need and unsubscribe to emails you no longer need/want to receive.
Rejuvenate Your Mind
Just like your plants outside need sprucing and your fan blades need dusting, your mind needs a little attention this season to feel renewed. Here a few tips to find inspiration in this “growing season.”
- Try a yoga class or download the Headspace app.
- Ask for feedback from employees, clients, or supervisors – don’t be afraid of criticism, or feel like you have to wait for an end of the year survey.
- Catch up on those Oscar-nominated movies you missed.
- Sign up for a professional development course.
- Plan a weekend trip or staycation.
Kelsey Petry is a Senior Account Executive at Bond Moroch.